News and Announcements at St. George
- Parish Life Conference (PLC) June 19-21
- Diocese Teen SOYO Ice Skating - Feb 1
- Light from the East: Reading of the Church Fathers
- Annual Parish Meeting - March 8
- Scholarships available from Syrian-Lebanese Women's Club
- Diocese Lenten Retreat - Saturday, March 28
- Orthodox Scout Awards
Calendar of Events
St. Matthew says that the birth of Jesus was the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy from Isaiah, “Look! The virgin is with child and will give birth to a son whom they will call Emmanuel”. Matthew 1:23. St. Matthew interprets the name Emmanuel to mean God-is-with-us. St. John Chrysostom asks why He wasn’t named Emmanuel son of Joseph, or Emmanuel of Nazareth, or Emmanuel the Christ, instead of Jesus. He says the event itself and its outcome will cause people to recognize that Jesus is the Emmanuel, God-with-us.
Hannah, of the tribe of Levi, is the mother of the Holy Prophet Samuel. Her story opens the First Book of Samuel found in the Old Testament. Though childless, she kept all the commandments of the Law and prayed with fervor that she might give birth to a child.
Make your Stewardship Pledge, Memorial Donations, or General Donations online using the secure link below.